Sunday, January 1, 2012
Theme for 2012: Get in the Habit!
I love New Years.
I am awesome at making new years resolutions. And awesome at forgetting them after about a week. I think a lot of people have the same story.
This year my resolution is to keep my resolutions. Basically I am just going to focus on a few things that I really want to get in the habit of. Too often, I come up with a million different goals and plans. This year I am going to take it step by step and just get back to the basics and make those things habits.
Here's the plan:
1. Get in the habit of studying scriptures personally daily, and saying personal prayers.
2. Get in the habit of having family home evening (family night) every Monday night, and going to the temple with my husband once a month.
3. Get baby on a schedule and get a routine for her...this girl has no sense of time or routine right now and that is probably my fault. I think she will be a much happier baby if her life is a little less...chaotic.
4. Read a scriptures and pray with Brina every night. Yeah, she's young, but like I said I want to get in the habit of these things so that I will always do them!
5. Get in the habit of going to the gym five days a week.
6. Get in the habit of cooking healthy food
7. Get in the habit of praying and looking for opportunities to serve others daily
That's it. My seven little goals. I just want to make these simple things habits in my life. And this year, I will.