Friday, January 20, 2012

Waiting for my marshmallows




Yesterday I was having another little pity party for myself and to try to pull myself out of it I watched a million Mormon Messages.

It worked. However, every single one I watched told me one thing: I need to be more patient. I'm pretty patient with other people. But, sadly, and ironically, I'm not very patient with the Lord.

When I watched this video, I thought to myself, "If I was tested like that as a kid I would have waited for that other marshmallow because I would have REALLY wanted it." I am not so patient anymore. That's why King Benjamin says we must "...be like a child...patient..." (Mosiah 3:19).

When I do the tiniest right thing, or even if I just start in the right direction, immediately I am like "WHERE ARE MY BLESSINGS?? I WANT THEM NOW!"  Okay, maybe not that dramatic. Well actually sometimes my prayers are that dramatic.

In Alma 26:27 it states "...bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." This is the blessing! If I just hold out, wait patiently upon the Lord, and cease to MURMUR (I have a huge problem with murmuring) then I will have success in my life. Not THIS MINUTE. Not TOMORROW. Heck probably not even next month. But I have to trust that I will see those blessings...one day.


And until then I must patiently wait for those marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment